Call for Papers
Locate18 is the fifth in the series of Australasian conferences aiming to unite all communities – research, industry and government – working in the field of spatial information. Research@Locate18 is the academic research stream of Locate18 taking place from 9-11 April 2018 in Adelaide Convention Centre in conjunction with Geosmart Asia 2018.
Research@Locate18 will bring together academic communities involved in spatial information from the Australasian region and beyond. Short papers are welcome from researchers in geodesy, mapping, computer science, artificial intelligence, geography, geographic information science and related disciplines contributing to spatial information science. Papers may cover the latest research advances, recent results, work in progress and new ideas within the field of spatial information. Submissions are encouraged from researchers at any stage of their career, from Postgraduate students to senior researchers.
Submissions must be original, previously unpublished papers contributing to spatial information science. Authors are encouraged to address one or more of the following themes:
- positioning and sensing
- remote sensing and imaging for spatial information
- spatial information integration
- spatial information infrastructure
- location intelligence
- crowdsourcing, volunteered geographic information, and citizens as sensors
- spatial and spatiotemporal pattern recognition, data mining and knowledge discovery
- spatial human computer interaction
- spatial web and mobile services and mapping
- multidimensional spatial data acquisition and analytics
Research@Locate presentations will be interspersed throughout the Locate18 main conference sessions. We encourage authors to frame research advances in a way that is of interest to the wider Locate18 audience. Accepted papers will be published in an online proceedings available at the time of the conference.
ASIERA Young Author Awards
Research@Locate18 features the launch of ASIERA Young Author Awards. ASIERA will present several awards of $500 to young authors (under 35) of papers with the highest review scores. The awards will be presented in a social event organised during the Research@Locate conference. The social event will also be sponsored by ASIERA.
For submission deadlines please note the updated dates.
- Full paper submission: 15 January 2018
- Notification for full paper acceptance: 15 February 2018
- Revised paper submission: 15 March 2018
- Research@Locate18 Conference: 9-11 April 2018