Call for Papers
Locate18 is the fifth in the series of Australasian conferences aiming to unite all communities – research, industry and government – working in the field of spatial information. Research@Locate18 is the academic research stream of Locate18 taking place from 9-11 April 2018 in Adelaide Convention Centre in conjunction with Geosmart Asia 2018.
Research@Locate18 will bring together academic communities involved in spatial information from the Australasian region and beyond. Short papers are welcome from researchers in geodesy, mapping, computer science, artificial intelligence, geography, geographic information science and related disciplines contributing to spatial information science. Papers may cover the latest research advances, recent results, work in progress and new ideas within the field of spatial information. Submissions are encouraged from researchers at any stage of their career, from Postgraduate students to senior researchers.
Submissions must be original, previously unpublished papers contributing to spatial information science. Authors are encouraged to address one or more of the following themes:
- positioning and sensing
- remote sensing and imaging for spatial information
- spatial information integration
- spatial information infrastructure
- location intelligence
- crowdsourcing, volunteered geographic information, and citizens as sensors
- spatial and spatiotemporal pattern recognition, data mining and knowledge discovery
- spatial human computer interaction
- spatial web and mobile services and mapping
- multidimensional spatial data acquisition and analytics
Research@Locate presentations will be interspersed throughout the Locate18 main conference sessions. We encourage authors to frame research advances in a way that is of interest to the wider Locate18 audience. Accepted papers will be published in an online proceedings available at the time of the conference.
The best paper at the conference will be awarded based on review scores and presentation.
For submission deadlines please refer to Important Dates.
- Full paper submission: 30 November 2017
- Notification for full paper acceptance: 31 January 2018
- Revised paper submission: 27 February 2018
- Research@Locate18 Conference: 9-11 April 2018